All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of Packt's Cookbook series, each chapter focuses on a different multimedia effect. If you don't have the time to work your way through a long tutorial, then this is the book for you. The step-by-step recipes are independent from each other so you can dip in and out of the book to add great effects to your course as and when you need them. This cookbook is designed for teachers who want to learn how to insert different multimedia assets into their Moodle courses. It is expected that you will have basic kwledge of Moodle 1.9 or 2.0 and have Moodle installed and ready to be worked on. Teachers of different subjects can adapt the recipes to best suit their specific subject.
- Author BiographySilvina P. Hillar has been teaching English since 1993. She has always had a great interest in teaching writing and composing techniques, and has made a lot of research on this subject. She is an English Teacher, a Certified Legal Translator (English/Spanish) and has a Post Degree in Education (graduated with Honors). She has been working in several schools and institutes with native English speaking students and as an independent consultant for many international companies as an interpreter, translator and e-learning activities developer. She has always had a passion for technological devices concerning education. Former videos and cassettes were a must in her teaching lessons, computer was and still is present. Her brother Gaston C. Hillar designed some programs and games for her teaching. Lately, she is teaching using Moodle and the Web 2.0. She believes that one of the most amazing challenges in education is bridging the gap between classic education and modern technologies. She has been doing a lot of research on multimedia assets which enhance the teaching and learning through VLE platforms. She tries to embed the learning of students through new resources which are appealing and innovative for them. Thus, multimedia stimulates the different thinking skills as well as multiple intelligences.
- Author(s)Silvina P. Hillar
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication25/05/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date27/12/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight447 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.