Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an easy to follow guide with a handson approach that will help you learn the best practices for designing attractive and highly interactive courses with the help of Moodle. This book can be used by training managers, teachers, instructors, Moodle network specialists, instructional designers, and elearning entrepreneurs. If you are involved in online, cloudbased education, training, or professional development, this is the book for you. No prior experience with Moodle is required, though it would be helpful to understand the basics of using HTML and also working with different multimedia file formats and social media. If you would like to find a very easy and convenient way to organize learning activities along with group projects and activities, then this is the book for you.
- Author BiographySusan Smith Nash, who has been involved in the design, development, and administration of eLearning programs and courses since earning her Ph.D. in the late 1990s, has developed and administered online courses on many platforms, using many different learning management systems. She is responsible for developing degree and certificate programs delivered in online and hybrid formats and has worked on implementing eLearning in universities, corporations, and associations. The author of the awardwinning eLearning blog ELearning Queen and several books on eLearning, Susan Smith Nash has focused on developing courses that optimize user experience and enhance performance, outcomes, and course persistence/completion. Her portfolio of publications includes peerreviewed articles and books, including the following: * The video Moodle for Training and Professional Development, Packt Publishing, 2013 * The book ELearning Success: From Courses to Careers, Texture Press, 2012 * The book ELearner Survival Guide, Texture Press, 2011 * The book Moodle 1.9 Teaching Techniques, Packt Publishing, 2010 Michelle Moore, a former middle school math teacher, has been an advocate for Moodle since discovering it more than ten years ago during the writing of a review of learning management systems while completing her master's degree in Instructional Design and Technology. Enamored with Moodle's capabilities and its foundation in social constructionism, it wasn't long before Michelle's passion led her to a fulltime position in training and providing support for educators and trainers in schools, universities, and businesses across North America. Since then, Michelle has helped thousands of Moodlers leverage Moodle's features to design quality online, blended, and mobile learning experiences. Michelle is an energetic, awardwinning speaker who presents regularly at MoodleMoots and educational technology conferences worldwide on the use of Moodle, with a strong emphasis on pedagogy and best practices. Michelle is pursuing a doctorate in Learning Technologies at the University of North Texas where she is actively researching online education and constructivist teaching methods. Follow Michelle on Twitter at @michelledmoore or visit her blog at http://moodleandmoore.com.
- Author(s)Michelle Moore,Susan Smith Nash
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.