Moody Bitches: The Truth about the Drugs You're Taking, the Sleep You're Missing, the Sex You're Not Having, and What's Really Making You Crazy by Julie Holland (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking guide for women of all ages that shows their natural moodiness is a strength, t a weakness As women, we learn from an early age that our moods are a problem, an anyance to be stuffed away. But our bodies are wiser than we imagine. Moods are a finely tuned feedback system that allows us to be more empathic, intuitive, and aware of our own capabilities. If we deny our emotionality, we deny the breadth of our talents. Yet millions of American women are medicating away their emotions with psychiatric drugs whose effects are more far-reaching than most of us realize.And even if we don t pop a pill, women everywhere are numbing their emotions with food, alcohol, and a host of addictive behaviors that deny the wisdom of our bodies and keep us from addressing the real issues we face. Psychiatrist Julie Holland kws there is a better way. In Moody Bitches, she shares insider information about the drugs we re being offered and the direct link between food and mood, and she offers practical advice on sex, exercise, and sleep strategies, as well as some surprisingly effective natural therapies. In the tradition ofOur Bodies, Our Selves, this groundbreaking guide will forge a much needed new path in women s health and offer women invaluable information on how to live better, and be more balanced, at every stage of life.
- Author BiographyDr. Julie Holland has had a private psychiatric practice in Manhattan for twenty years. Her nationally bestselling memoir, Weekends at Bellevue, was based on her nine years running the psychiatric emergency room of America s oldest public hospital. Dr. Holland is an expert on drugs and the brain and appears regularly on the Today show and CNN. She lives in New York s Harlem Valley with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Julie Holland
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.