All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Moomintroll is small and shy and fat, and has a Moominpappa and a Moominmamma. Moomins live in the forests of Finland. One day Moominpappa is feeling at a loss. He has idea what to do with himself because it seems everything has already been done. So he takes his family off to start a new life in a lighthouse on a tiny, rocky island far out to sea. It's rather quiet and lonely at first, but as they begin to explore their unusual surroundings the Moomins discover some funny and surprising new things about themselves.
- Author BiographyTove Jansson, writer and illustrator, was born in Finland in 1914. She began her Moomin series in 1945 and they became a huge success with their individualistic characters, subtle humour, and an all-encompassing sense of freedom. The Moomins were, to some extent, a reflection of Tove Jansson's own family, who were bohemians and lived close to nature. Jansson became well known in England for her Moomins comic strip, published daily in London's Evening News between 1953-59, continued by her brother Lars Jansson from 1959-1975. Jansson also wrote adult fiction, short stories and memoirs, and was an award-winning artist. Tove Jansson died in 2001.
- Author(s)Tove Jansson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.