All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow that autumn is turning into winter, a group of unlikely friends including the Fillyjonk, the Hemulen, and Toft are waiting in Moominvalley to see the Moomins, for winter doesn't seem right without them. But the Moomins are t at home. So all the visitors settle down to await their return, and oddly eugh find themselves warming up to their new life together. For Moominvalley is Moominvalley still, even without the Moomins in it.
- Author BiographyTove Jansson (1914 2001) was born in Helsinki and spent much of her life in Finland. She is the author of the Moomin books, including Comet in Moominland and Finn Family Moomintroll. Born into an artistic family her father was a sculptor and her mother was a graphic designer and illustrator Jansson studied at the University College of Arts, Crafts and Design in Stockholm, the Finnish Academy of Fine Arts, and L'Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. In addition to her Moomin books, she also wrote several novels, drew comic strips and worked as a painter and illustrator. In 1966, she was awarded the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for her body of work. Jansson had a studio in Helsinki but spent most of her time at her home on a small island called Klovharu.
- Author(s)Tove Jansson
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMoomintrolls (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number08
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byKingsley Hart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.