All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake Your Escape with Moon Travel Guides! A community as varied as the landscape it inhabits, and history as wild as the mountains themselves: whether you're a foodie, artist, history buff, or hiker, Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains helps you plan the perfect trip for you. What You'll Find in Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains: *Local perspective from writer, adventurer, and North Carolina resident Jason Frye*Expertly crafted maps and reference photos with detailed directions for getting around on your own, all in an easy-to-navigate format*Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: one day in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a five-day mountain getaway, one day in Asheville, and a classic bluegrass and mountain music journey*Honest advice on driving routes, finding the best accommodations from campsites to boutique hotels, and navigating the region like a local*Activities and ideas for every traveler: Trek across the scenic hills, meadows, and streams of the Appalachian Trail, or take a dip in the natural hot springs dotting the mountaius terrain. Connect with the region's rich artistic and cultural history, or go whitewater rafting, kayaking, or caeing. Sample award-winning cuisine and discover the microbreweries that earned Asheville the title of Beer City USA. Set up camp in the Pisgah National Forest, or find the best local bed and breakfast for a relaxing weekend getaway*Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and plants and wildlife*Handy tools such as emergency resources and tips for hikers and campers, LGBTQ+ travelers, and travelers with disabilities With Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains' practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way. Seeing the rest of the state? Check out Moon North Carolina. Exploring more of the South? Try Moon Carolinas & Georgia. Looking for more Southern city charm? Try Moon Charleston & Savannah.
- Author BiographyRaised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye first fell in love with North Carolina as a kid during family vacations to the Outer Banks. In 2002, he swapped his mountains for sand dunes and his river for an ocean when he moved to Wilmington to pursue a master of fine arts in creative writing. There, his love for North Carolina deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of the people, culture, and history of the state. Along with his wife, Lauren, Jason has kayaked the marshes and waterways near his home; hang glided off the Outer Banks; explored the cityscapes of Charlotte, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem; and wandered the woods and wilds around Asheville. Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, Go Magazine, Our State magazine, and the Wilmington Star News, where he's a restaurant reviewer. He is also a food blogger for Our State Eats.
- Author(s)Jason S. Frye
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteFull Color maps and photos throughout
- Weight228 g
- Width114 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $19.41
- AU $24.47Trending at AU $27.24
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $16.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.