All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.72
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.55
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.01
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.84
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.01
About this product
- DescriptionSee the top destinations in the American West with this book as your guide. Our detailed driving routes give you all you need, including mileage from place to place, driving times, and advice on the best places to stop along the way to eat, sleep, and explore. Choose the road trip that's best for you: * The 14-Day Best of the West * San Francisco, Yosemite, and Los Angeles in Six Days * Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon in Four Days * Two Days in San Francisco * Two Days in Los Angeles * Two Days in Las Vegas A vibrant full-color interior includes 50 easy-to-use maps to keep you oriented on and off the highway.
- Author BiographyStuart Thornton fell in love with the California coast while working at the Big Sur Ranger Station after college. There, he advised visitors on every topic, from campsites to restaurants. On his days off, he took his own advice and regularly sought out the best spots for hiking, backpacking, surfing, and snorkeling along that striking coastal region. Stuart later moved to nearby Monterey to become a staff writer for the Monterey County Weekly, where he is still a contributor. He is the proud author of Moon Coastal California, Moon Santa Barbara & The Central Coast, and the forthcoming Moon Monterey & Carmel. In addition, Stuart has contributed to National Geographic Education, Relix magazine, and Ed Grant's Piers of the California Coast, a coffee table book highlighting the Golden State's piers and wharves. While researching and writing this book, Stuart hiked through lesser-known sections of Yosemite National Park, discovered the stunning Eastern Sierra community of June Lake, stared deep into the Grand Canyon, and enjoyed the diverse offerings of San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. He spends his time off searching for the next secluded beach, uncrowded wave, or mountaintop vista. Learn more about his adventures and projects by visiting stuartthornton.com.
- Author(s)Stuart Thornton
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos and maps throughout
- Weight385 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.