All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1840. Miranda Jarvis would do anything to protect her sister - so when Lucy comes down with a fever, she thinks thing of stealing a loaf of bread from a local landowner. After all, things can't get much worse: after their father died, they were turned out of their home, and their mother lost her life on the road giving birth to a stillborn infant. Robbed by strangers, the pair of them have thing, and one to help them. Miranda doesn't count on being nearly brained by the cook's rolling pin ...but r does she count on the house's owner himself. The seemingly respectable businessman Sir James, kwn for his philanthropy, takes a keen interest in Miranda and her sister, and they are soon established in his household. But Sir James has quarrelled with his nephew, the rakish but reluctant smuggler Fletcher Taunt, and - little does Miranda kw - the hostility between the two men, one of whom she comes to love, will change her life forever...
- Author BiographyJanet is an Australian, who was born and raised in Dorset, UK. Happily married since her late teens, she and her husband migrated to Australia with the first two of her family of five, after her husband finished his term in the Royal Navy.
- Author(s)Janet Woods
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintSevern House Large Print Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.