All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSavannah native Jim Morekis offers an insider's view of Georgia, whether it's playing a round of golf on Jekyll Island or hiking up the Appalachian Trail. Morekis provides unique trip ideas for all interests, including Mountains to Marsh (as well as Musical Georgia, President's Tour, and Literary Georgia). Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, Moon Georgia has options for a wide range of travel budgets. From taking the CNN Studio Tour in Atlanta to whitewater rafting down the Chattooga River to visiting the Golden Isles, Moon Georgia gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyJim Morekis wishes that the rest of the country would allow people to stroll the streets with a cocktail, as you can in Savannah's Historic District. The Savannah native is thrilled to be able to write about the Peach State for Moon readers. Jim recently appeared as a presenting author at the prestigious Savannah Book Festival, but he's better known around town as the longtime editor-in-chief of the local alt-weekly Connect Savannah--formerly affiliated with the legendary Creative Loafing of Atlanta. He's also a dedicated Moon author who loves few things more than loading up the car with camping gear and traveling around the South. His other guidebooks include Moon Charleston & Savannah, Moon South Carolina, and Moon Coastal Carolinas. A graduate of the famous Grady School of Journalism at the University of Georgia in Athens, Jim cheers on the Bulldogs every autumn. He currently lives in Savannah with his ukulele-playing wife, Sonja, and his musically talented daughters, Alex and Sophia. He's an occasional guitar player himself; sometimes they spend the evening playing music together.
- Author(s)Jim Morekis,Kap Stann
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight442 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $56.45
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $22.98
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.