Moon Jerusalem & the Holy Land: Including Tel Aviv & Petra by Genevieve Belmaker (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis full-color guide to Jerusalem includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps. Calls to prayer echo out over valleys and rooftops. The wailing siren for Shabbat and the ringing of church bells are omnipresent. This is a city of religious pilgrimages and a land of ancient stories, where even the bodies of water whisper of history and miracles. This is the trip of a lifetime. It will leave you with a new sense of wonder--and some great stories to share. In this full-color book, expert traveler Genevieve Belmaker tells you everything you need to kw to make this trip possible: How to get there, how long it will take, and where to stop along the way--including information on Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, the West Bank, Eilat, and Petra, Jordan. How to choose the best tours and means of transportation, including tips on border crossings. Background on religious and cultural sites, from the Western Wall and Dome of the Rock to the Church of the Nativity--and where to find them.
- Author BiographyGenevieve Belmaker is an American journalist and writer who worked and lived in Jerusalem and the surrounding region for more than three years. Born and raised in Olympia, Washington, she started traveling and living in new places at the age of 17. In 2009, Genevieve met her future husband, an Israeli journalist, while he was visiting New York City. After traveling to Israel and working side-by-side as colleagues, they were married in 2010. In Jerusalem, Genevieve reported on settlements, small businesses in the West Bank, and local news and politics, and authored a weekly column for The Epoch Times on her observations of the region. Genevieve is a graduate of the University of Southern California with a BA in international relations and a minor in East Asian languages and cultures. She studied journalism through New York University's continuing education program. Her work as a writer and photographer has been published by Poynter, the Foreign Policy Association, Quill magazine, Draft magazine, and Big World. Her reporting for The Epoch Times on homeless Hurricane Sandy evacuees in New York City received a Front Page Award from the Newswomen's Club of New York in 2013. She regularly reports on news and events in Jerusalem and beyond. Genevieve recently moved back to New York City with her husband. Their son, Negev (named after her husband's favorite Israeli desert), was born in late 2011 and is already a skilled world traveler. He was truly the inspiration behind the creation of this book.
- Author(s)Genevieve Belmaker
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, Maps
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.