All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen John Moretti left his job as a small-town reporter in Vermont for an extended vacation in Rome, he realized he didn't want to go home--so he relocated to Milan instead, where he remained for four years. In Moon Living Abroad in Italy, Moretti offers straightforward, kwledgeable advice so businesspeople, students, teachers, retirees, and professionals can make a smooth transition to living in this charming, culturally rich country. Moon Living Abroad in Italy is packed with essential information and must-have details on setting up daily life in Italy, including obtaining visas, arranging finances, gaining employment, choosing schools, and finding health care--plus practical suggestions for how to rent or buy a home for a variety of needs and budgets, whether it's an apartment in downtown Milan or a villa in the Tuscan countryside. With extensive color and black and white photos, illustrations, and maps, Moon Living Abroad in Italy is sure to help you find your bearings as you settle into your new home and life abroad.
- Author BiographyA decade ago, John Moretti left his job as a small-town reporter in Vermont in search of fame and fortune in Italy. For four years he worked in Milan as an editor at a national English-language newspaper, a joint venture between Corriere della Sera and the International Herald Tribune. Later, as a correspondent in Southern Europe, John covered everything from Lance Armstrong's string of historic Tour de France victories for the New York Sun to the plight of African prostitutes in Turin for the London-based Independent. His brief television career included an interview with Giorgio Armani for A&E's Biography and a documentary on Italian soccer for Australian television. Over the years, John has become a self-described expert on Italian society. He has accumulated a multitude of priceless experiences in Italy to date: racing across the Bay of Naples at about 30 knots in Giovanni Soldini's trimaran, sledding with huskies by the Slovenian border, skiing the summit of Mount Etna hours before it erupted, celebrating Easter with friends in the Maremma... and enjoying long lunches alfresco.
- Author(s)John Moretti
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleMoon Living Abroad
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight335 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.