About this product
- DescriptionJulie Doherty Meade lived as an expat in Mexico City. In this book, she shares the city with you, including unique itineraries like the Best of Mexico City, Historic Mexico City, Public Murals, Best Markets, and Mexico City by Design. NEIGHBORHOODS Experience the life of the city in the best neighborhoods--like colorful Condesa and Coyoacan. SIGHTS Browse the Museo Frida Kahlo and wander the Zocalo. RESTAURANTS Find the most authentic tacos al pastor and chiles en gada. NIGHTLIFE Raise a mug of pulque and join in the after midnight revelry on Plaza Garibaldi. DAY TRIPS Make excursions to Teotihuacan, Tepoztlan, Cuernavaca, Taxco, and Puebla. FULL-COLOR MAPS Get oriented and navigate the city on the go.
- Author BiographyJulie Doherty Meade grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and spent her childhood hiking, camping, and traveling throughout the Golden State. After graduating from college, she took her first trip to Mexico, where she was immediately drawn to the country's warm people and fascinating culture. The following year, Julie returned to Mexico and decided to extend her stay indefinitely. For almost ten years, Julie lived, worked, and traveled throughout Mexico. She saw Zapatista leader Subcomandante Marcos speak to a crowd in San Cristobal de las Casas, helped run a fine-art gallery in San Miguel de Allende, and taught English to five-year-olds in Mexico City. During her years in the capital, she was schooled in advanced Mexican slang, developed a strong affinity for early-morning cafe con leche in old Chinese coffee shops, and spent hours seeking out the best bookstores, most interesting architecture, and tastiest bites in the city's diverse neighborhoods. Julie currently lives in Brooklyn with her husband, Arturo, her son, Mariano, and her Chihuahua, Tequila. She writes and copyedits for several New York publications and visits Mexico every chance she gets. Julie is also the author of Moon San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato & the Bajio and Moon Living Abroad in Mexico.
- Author(s)Julie Doherty Meade
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, Maps
- Weight357 g
- Width114 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $19.50Trending at AU $24.92
- AU $8.69Trending at AU $14.86
- AU $24.29Trending at AU $24.70
- AU $14.95Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.86
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.20
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $39.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.