All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Dakota resident Laural A. Bidwell offers her firsthand experience and advice on Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills--including the Southern Hills, the Badlands, and Keystone. Bidwell provides unique travel strategies such as Best Hiking Trails, Viewing Wildlife, and Fossil Collecting in the Parks, Grasslands, & National Forest. With expert tips on the best dining, shopping, accommodations, and camping, Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyLaural A. Bidwell grew up in Connecticut but left the rolling hills of the East years ago for the wide-open spaces of the American West. She first lived in Colorado Springs, then moved on to Denver before finally finding her home in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Like many, Laural discovered South Dakota more by accident than on purpose: on a rambling road trip, drifting north and east across the plains, she glanced at her map and realized she was within an hour of South Dakota, a state she'd never before visited. She decided to head for the border town of Ardmore to get gas and stay the night. Ardmore had (and still has) a population of four. There was no gas station. There was no place to stay. The dot on the map was larger than the town. Low on gas, she forged on to the next town on the map--Hot Springs--where she got gas, found a place to stay, and discovered the Black Hills. It was love at first sight: from the prairie grasslands and rolling hills of the south to the otherworldly badlands of the east to the craggy peaks and granite spires of the north, the Black Hills offer an amazing diversity of outdoor opportunities and scenic beauty. Now living in Hot Springs and playing in the beautiful Black Hills, Laural still enjoys road trips, as well as writing and spending time with her husband, Jim; her golden retrievers, Willow and Maverick; and her cat, Spike.
- Author(s)Laural A. Bidwell
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteFull Color maps and photos throughout
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $25.54Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.61
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.