All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this full-color guide, Seattle resident Allison Williams shares expert tips for road tripping through Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. Offering shorter options like the Portland Loop and a route between Seattle and Vancouver, Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip is perfect for all travelers. Detailed driving instructions tell you how far you'll have to drive, how long it will take, and which highways you'll need to follow--including information on alternate routes and the best places to stop along the way. Day-by-day itinerary suggestions tell you the best ways to spend your time: The 17-Day Northwest Route Three Days in Seattle Two Days in Vancouver One Day in Victoria Two Days on the Olympic Peninsula One Day on the Oregon Coast Two Days in Portland Two Days in Central Oregon Two Days in Washington Wine Country One Day in Mount Rainier National Park Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented along the way and prepare you for your trip through the Pacific Northwest.
- Author BiographyWhile growing up in Olympia, Washington, Allison Williams spent much of her childhood climbing trees and reading books at the top. Family vacations involved camping in the shadow of Mount Rainier or exploring the very dark, probably haunted tunnels of Port Townsend's old forts. Allison received her bachelor's degree in biology and English from Duke University, with studies at Oxford University and an ethnobiology field school in Costa Rica. She worked as a writer and editor in New York City for eight years, including staff positions at Metro daily newspaper and Time Out New York. When the lure of the Northwest's mountains, drizzle, and summer berry harvests became impossible to ignore, she relocated to Seattle. She has since realized two lifelong dreams: summiting Mount Rainier and poking sticks into the campfire without being disciplined. Allison earned her MFA in creative writing at the University of Alaska Anchorage, where her fiction thesis won the Jason Wenger Award for Literary Excellence. Her journalistic work has been recognized with awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and a nomination from the City and Regional Magazine Association. As senior editor at Seattle Met magazine, she covers travel and the outdoors by hiking every trail and driving every road she can find on a map.
- Author(s)Allison Williams
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, Maps
- Weight328 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $19.41
- AU $24.47Trending at AU $27.24
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $14.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.