Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Spotlight Guatemala City and Antigua is an 80-page compact guide covering the gateway city of Guatemala and neighboring La Antigua. Author Al Argueta offers his firsthand advice on must-see attractions, as well as maps with sightseeing highlights, so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on entertainment, shopping, recreation, accommodations, food, and transportation, making navigating modern Guatemala City and charming, history-filled Antigua uncomplicated and enjoyable. This Spotlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Guatemala.
- Author BiographyAt the age of three, Al Argueta first traveled to Guatemala with his father and was utterly captivated by the country's landscape and its Mayan inhabitants. He would later live in Guatemala for two years, allowing him to formally learn Spanish and to experience Guatemala's culture firsthand. During summers in high school and college, Al often took a month off to travel to Guatemala, exploring its jungles, ruins, and villages. In college, Al majored in Journalism and Latin American Studies, managing to squeeze in two study-abroad programs--one in Manchester and one in Maastricht--and traveled through much of Europe. After college, he interned with Costa Rica's Tico Times, getting his first exposure to travel writing and photography, in addition to covering then-President Bill Clinton's visit to Guatemala. Al worked briefly for a newspaper in the Virgin Islands before moving on to photography school in Hawaii. He also taught English to college students in Thailand for a time, continuing to satiate the travel bug that bit him years back. Al now lives in Austin, Texas, where he's managed to stay put for an unprecedented six years. In addition to writing, he does freelance travel photography for clients that have included National Geographic Adventure, Caribbean Travel & Life, Conde Nast Traveler, Outside's GO, and Continental. In addition to Moon Guatemala, Al is also the author of Moon Living Abroad in Guatemala and Texas Yesterday & Today. For the latest updates from Guatemala, visit Moon Guatemala's Facebook page.
- Author(s)Al Argueta
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight128 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.03Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.