All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Spotlight Idaho Panhandle Camping is a 95-page compact guide covering the best camping spots in Idaho's Panhandle, from Priest Lake all the way down to Dworshak Reservoir. Writer, photographer, and naturalist Becky Lomax provides insight on each campground, including the number of campgrounds, tips on gear selection and maintenance, clothing and footwear, and camping ethics. Each camp listing has at-a-glance icons that indicate nearby hiking or biking trails, swimming, fishing, boating, caeing, kayaking, and hot springs locations. You'll also learn what campsites and trails allow dogs. Easy-to-follow maps and clear driving directions lead campers to highlights in and around this unique region of Idaho.
- Author BiographyBecky Lomax grew up camping. She cherishes fond memories of family camping trips in a yellow station wagon packed door-to-door with five raucous kids and their gear. Piled on air mattresses or cots in a canvas tent, she and her siblings would wake each morning to their mom doling canned grapefruit and mandarin oranges into plastic camping bowls while their dad pumped the green two-burner Coleman stove so he could cook pancakes. Like any camping family, they had their share of rain, mosquitoes, vehicle breakdowns, and siblings who strip-mined the chocolate from the gorp bag. Her brothers still swear they didn't put that frog in her sleeping bag--but she's not convinced. Today, Becky's favorite kind of travels still involve backpacking and camping. After ten years as a hiking and backpacking guide in Glacier National Park, she now travels the Northern Rockies as a professional outdoors writer and photographer. She uses her full-time writing career as an excuse to camp, hike, mountain bike, kayak, and ski, but her favorite research involves wildlife: She has followed biologists into the field to band raptors and radio-collar bighorn sheep and grizzly bears. Becky is also the author of Moon Glacier National Park, and her work has been published in various magazines, including Smithsonian, Backpacker, National Wildlife, Cross Country Skier, Montana Magazine, Montana Outdoors, and Northwest Travel.
- Author(s)Becky Lomax
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight171 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.