All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oregon Coast Camping & Hiking is a 155-page compact guide covering the regionÃÂs best camping, hiking, and fishing spots - including Fort Stevens State Park, Oaks Bottom, and the Columbia River Gorge - perfect for campers, hikers, and fishers looking for a fulfilling, back-country experience.
- Author BiographyFor 30 years, Tom Stienstra's full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. This has led him across California--hiking, boating, fishing, camping, biking, and flying--searching for the best of the outdoors and then writing about it. Tom is the nation's top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He has been inducted into the California Outdoor Hall of Fame and has twice been awarded National Outdoor Writer of the Year, newspaper division, by the Outdoor Writers Association of America. He has also been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, most recently in 2007. Tom is the outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle; his articles also appear on SFGate.com and in newspapers around the country. He broadcasts a weekly radio show on KCBS-San Francisco and hosts an outdoor television show on CBS/CW San Francisco. Tom lives with his wife and sons in Northern California. You can contact him directly via the website TomStienstra.com. Sean Patrick Hill is a freelance writer, poet, and teacher who has spent many weekends and summers exploring the best of Oregon's mountains, deserts, and coastlines. Born and raised in upstate New York, Hill moved to Oregon after graduating from the University of Buffalo. He lived in Eugene, Bend, and then Portland, graduating with a master's in writing from Portland State. For two summers he worked with the Oregon Youth Conservation Corps, leading teenage crews into the Cascade Mountains to do everything from maintaining trails to building bridges to counting frogs. Later, as an AmeriCorps volunteer, he organized tree plantings in local parks, clean-ups of riverside environments, and field trips into the wilderness for high school students. Hill has written outdoor travel articles for The Oregonian, The Source Weekly, Columbia Gorge Magazine, and Oregon Coast. His poetry appears widely in online and print journals, and his first book of poems, The Imagined Fields, will be published this year.
- Author(s)Craig Schuhmann,Sean Patrick Hill,Tom Stienstra
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight194 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.