All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Shasta and Lassen Camping and Hiking is a 235-page compact guide covering Shasta National Park and Lassen Volcanic National Park that is perfect for campers or hikers looking for a backcountry campsite or a place to pitch a tent. Each camp listing has at-a-glance icons that indicate nearby hiking or biking trails, swimming, fishing, boating, caeing, kayaking and hot springs. You'll also learn what campsites and trails allow dogs. Hiking descriptions include distance, estimated hiking time, and a rating for difficulty. Easy-to-follow maps and clear driving directions lead campers and hikers to the best of breathtaking Shasta and Lassen. Moon Spotlight guides are affordably-priced, lightweight guides covering a smaller geographic region than Moon Handbooks or Outdoors guidebook series. The travel content in a Spotlight guide is pulled directly from individual chapters of larger Handbooks or Outdoors titles, with introductory information (such as When to Go or Planning Your Trip), and indexes. The result is compact guides to popular destinations that provide travelers with what they need to explore a specific locale in depth with fewer pages of very focused information.
- Author BiographyFor 30 years, Tom Stienstra's full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. This has led him across Californiahiking, boating, fishing, camping, biking, and flyingsearching for the best of the outdoors and then writing about it. Tom is the nation's top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He has been inducted into the California Outdoor Hall of Fame and has twice been awarded National Outdoor Writer of the Year, newspaper division, by the Outdoor Writers Association of America. He has also been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, most recently in 2007. Tom is the outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle; his articles also appear in newspapers around the country. He broadcasts a weekly radio show on KCBS-San Francisco and hosts an outdoor television show on CBS/CW San Francisco. Tom lives with his wife and sons in Northern California.
- Author(s)Tom Stienstra
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/07/2012
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight295 g
- Width136 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.