All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin world travelers and travel-writing couple Gary Chandler and Liza Prado for an unforgettable experience. With unique perspective and advice you can trust, Moon Tulum has everything you need to kw to have a more personal and memorable experience. With its idyllic beaches and rustic cabanas overlooking the turquoise sea, Moon Tulum tells you what you need to kw to plan the perfect trip for you. From the pristine coral reefs and beaches and astounding array of wildlife to the freshest seafood (think ceviche bar) and a perfect beachfront cocktail, Tulum has something for everyone. Along with trip ideas like A Family Affair and Cete Hopping , Chandler and Prado include tips on experiencing Mayan ruins such as Chichen Itza, Coba, and Ek' Balam. With expertly crafted maps and gorgeous photos, this full-color guidebook gives you the tools you need to have an immersive and unique experience. Moon Tulum includes areas such as: Tulum Coba Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve The Costa Maya Laguna Bacalar Chetumal and surroundings Chichen Itza Valladolid Ek' Balam Find the Moon guide that best suits your trip! Traveling in Mexico for longer? Try Moon Puerto Vallarta, Moon Cancun & Cozumel, or Moon San Miguel de Allende. Considering moving to Mexico full-time? Check out Moon Living Abroad in Mexico.
- Author BiographyGary Chandler grew up in a small ski town south of Lake Tahoe, California. He earned his bachelor's degree at UC Berkeley, and also studied abroad in Mexico City and Oaxaca. After graduation, Gary backpacked through much of Mexico and Central America, and later Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Caribbean. His first guidebook assignment was covering the highlands of Guatemala, which was followed by assignments in El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere. Gary has contributed to almost 30 guidebooks, many coauthored with wife and fellow travel writer/photographer Liza Prado. Between assignments, Gary earned a master's degree in journalism at Columbia University, worked as a news reporter and criminal investigator, and published numerous articles and blogs about travel in Latin America. He and Liza have two children and live in Colorado. Liza Prado was working as a corporate attorney in San Francisco when she decided to take a leap of faith and try travel writing and photography. Ten years later, she has coauthored 20 guidebooks and written dozens of feature articles and travel blogs to destinations throughout the Americas. Her photographs have been published by Moon Travel Guides and websites like Gogobot and Away.com. Since her first visit to the region in the early 2000s, the Riviera Maya has remained one of Liza's favorite places to travel. For this assignment, she dived on coral reefs and snorkeled through cenotes, climbed Maya ruins and toured monkey reserves, explored beach towns and fishing villages, caught a few local bands and listened to rock-star DJs -- all with two kids in tow (well, at least part of the time). A graduate of Brown University and Stanford Law School, Liza lives in Denver, Colorado, with husband and coauthor Gary Chandler and their children, Eva and Leo.
- Author(s)Gary Chandler,Liza Prado
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos and maps throughout
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.