All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionBased on interviews with a young woman forced to flee Iran because of her sexual orientation, Moon at Nine is a tense and riveting vel that shines a light on an issue of social injustice that continues to this day. Fifteen-year-old Farrin has grown up with secrets: ten years after the overthrow of the Shah, her aristocratic mother is still working against Iran's conservative revolutionary government. But when Farrin befriends Sadira, the intriguing and outgoing new student at her school for gifted girls, her own new secret is even more dangerous. Because the girls discover their relationship is more than just a friendship-and in Iran, being gay is punishable by death.
- Author BiographyKnown around the world for her Breadwinner series, author and humanitarian Deborah Ellis has written nearly thirty books for children and young people, most of which explore themes of courage and social justice. Deborah's many awards include the Governor General's Award, the Ruth Schwartz Award, the Vicky Metcalf Award, the American Library Association's Notable List, and the Jane Addams Children's Book Award. Deborah lives in Simcoe, Ontario.
- Author(s)Deborah Ellis
- PublisherPajama Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPajama Press
- Weight292 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),With flaps
- Reading AgeFrom 8
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.