All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoonChild: A Celebration of Menstruation is a must read for every pre-teen and teenage girl and anyone who wants to understand women. Its straightforward clear wisdom will free a girl from unnecessary shame and self-judgment. Through hor and understanding a healthy foundation is set for a girl to grow into womanhood. This rare examination of menarche and menstruation will assist any girl to create healthy self-esteem for herself, her relationships and her creativity throughout her life. The book's insights demystify the physical, emotional and social implications of this important passage into womanhood. MoonChild includes preparation for menstruation, tips on hygiene, self-care and empowering ceremonies including the firsthand story of a Navajo girl's experience. Conscious preparation and awareness of the menstrual cycle is vital to the physical and emotional well being of a girl. Understanding the cycle of menstruation in conjunction with the lunar cycle adds a larger dimension to a girl's experience.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Kenny has created programs on various facets of the art of living throughout the world. These workshops invite the best in each person to come into full expression through awareness of cycles, forgiveness, gratitude and more. Mary Ann is keenly interested in assisting people of all ages to know themselves, to honor themselves and to express their unique spirit. Mary Ann wrote Moonchild: A Celebration of Menstruation in an easily comprehensible manner as a gift for her 10 year old daughter. In addition to the physiological and hygienic aspects of the menstrual cycle, Mary Ann sees the value of conveying an understanding of the inherent rhythms of a women's cycle and their creative implications.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Kenny
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.