All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving on the moonWhatever were we thinking? ...It seems so silly w. The lunar colony is slowly winding down, like a small town circumvented by a new super highway. As our hero, the Mooncop, makes his daily rounds, his beat grows ever smaller, the population dwindles. A young girl runs away, a dog breaks off his leash, an automaton wanders off from the Museum of the Moon. Each day that the Mooncop goes to work, life gets a little quieter and a little lonelier. As in Goliath, Tom Gauld's retelling of the Bible story, the focus in Gauld's science fiction is personal- big explo-sions or grand reveals, just the incremental dissolution of an abandoned project and a person's slow awakening to his own uselessness. Depicted in the distinctive, matter-of-fact style of his beloved Guardian strips, Mooncop is equal parts funny and melancholy. Gauld captures essential truths about humanity, making this a story of the past, present, and future, all in one.
- Author BiographyTom Gauld is a cartoonist and illustrator. He has weekly comic strips in the Guardian and New Scientist and his comics have been published in the New York Times and the Believer. In addition to his graphic novels Goliath and You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack, he has designed a number of book covers. Gauld lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Tom Gauld
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width162 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.