All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionFarnaby, a young Englishman in Istanbul researching a thesis on Ottoman fiscal policy, is nervous at his reunion with the celebrated Mooncranker who once so fatefully influenced and disturbed his life. Mooncranker, a famous intellectual, is w a pitiful alcoholic deserted by his secretary and lover Miranda-the woman Farnaby secretly loved with the violence of youth. Mooncranker sends him to find Miranda at a torious Turkish spa on the grounds of an ancient city where sex is kwn to come along with the price of the room. There Farnaby tries to understand Mooncranker's gift to him as a boy of thirteen, which has tainted his life ever since, as he finds himself a pivotal figure in the eccentric destinies of the other residents of the spa.
- Author BiographyBarry Unsworth (1930-2012), who won the Booker Prize for Sacred Hunger, was a Booker Prize finalist for Morality Play and was long-listed for the Man Booker Prize for The Ruby in Her Navel.
- Author(s)Barry Unsworth
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/06/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.