Moone Boy: The Blunder Years by Chris O'Dowd, Nick V Murphy (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the world of Martin Moone and his t-so-vast imaginationMartin Moone is eleven and completely fed up with being the only boy in a family of girls. He's desperate for a decent wingman to help him navigate his idiotic life. So when best mate Padraic suggests Martin get an imaginary friend or IF for short he decides to give it a go. His first attempt is Loopy Lou, a hyperactive goofball who loves writing rubbish rap songs. But Martin soon gets fed up with Lou's loopiness and decides to trade in his IF for someone a little less wacky. Enter Sean Caution Murphy, an imaginary office clerk in a bad suit with a passion for laziness and a head full of dodgy jokes. Sean is full of tips and tricks to guide Martin through the perils of the playground, from dealing with his sisters' pranks to besting the bullying Bonner boys. But getting rid of Lou is t that easy, and having TWO imaginary friends is a recipe for trouble! Moone Boy: The Blunder Years by Chris O'Dowd and Nick V. Murphy is a funny illustrated middle-grade book, perfect for reluctant readers. The adventures of Martin Moone continue in book two, Moone Boy: The Fish Detective. Wildly entertaining . . . Throughout, there are charming illustrations, as well as foottes defining words of Irish and adolescent origin: craic (fun), gombeen (buffoon), and a gem I ve put into rotation: shifting Irish for French kissing. The New York Times Book Review The Moone family also deserves special recognition for their realistic portrayal of sibling fights and teen angst. For fans of the absurd and hilarious, look further than this goofy lovechild of The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. VOYA This book is based on the television show Moone Boy, which stars Chris O Dowd and which won the 2013 International Emmy Award for Best Comedy. Part Wimpy Kid and Walter Mitty, and just this side of Peter Pan, the book is likely to be as big a success as the show. Children s Literature
- Author BiographyChris O'Dowd is best known for his roles in Bridesmaids, The IT Crowd, and the HBO show Family Tree. He recently starred in the Broadway play Of Mice and Men, which he received a Tony nomination for Best Leading Actor. He is the creator and star of the Hulu show Moone Boy, which was inspired by his own childhood in a small town in Ireland. Nick V. Murphy is a writer and producer, best known for his work co-writing Moone Boy with Chris. He lives in Los Angeles with his family. As seen in the show, the book will feature illustrations by animation studio Cartoon Saloon.
- Author(s)Chris O'Dowd,Nick V Murphy
- PublisherSquare Fish
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.