All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat should I do? How do I kw that I am doing right? In the midst of so many changes in church, society, and culture, many of us are bewildered about what's right and about how to discover what we ought to do. This useful and timely book will help adults who are trying to be critical about their faith and moral living to interpret how conscience works in making moral decisions.First off, Gula shows that conscience is t a law unto itself, but must be formed in community by appealing to sources of moral wisdom. Then he gives a fuller treatment of moral discernment, pointing up three spheres of influence on the process of discernment -- social, situational, and personal. The final section moves from the theoretical model of discernment to the practical application of providing moral guidance in the pastoral domain. Each chapter begins and ends with some guide questions to focus reflection and to stimulate discussion.
- Author(s)Richard M. Gula
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.