All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMoral Emotions builds upon the philosophical theory of persons begun in Phemelogy and Mysticism and marks a new stage of phemelogy. Author Anthony J. Steinbock finds personhood analysing key emotions, called moral emotions. Moral Emotions offers a systematic account of the moral emotions, described here as pride, shame, and guilt as emotions of self-given's; repentance, hope, and despair as emotions of possibility; and trusting, loving, and humility as emotions of otherness. The author argues these reveal basic structures of interpersonal experience. By exhibiting their own kind of cognition and evidence, the moral emotions t only help to clarify the meaning of person, they reveal vel concepts of freedom, critique, and rmativity. As such, they are able to engage our contemporary social imaginaries at the impasse of modernity and postmodernity.
- Author BiographyAnthony J. Steinbock is a professor of philosophy and the director of the Phenomenology Research Centre at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. He is the editor of Northwestern University Press's Studies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy series and the editor in chief of Continental Philosophy Review; his previous books include Phenomenology and Mysticism: The Verticality of Religious Experience (2007) and Home and Beyond: Generative Phenomenology After Husserl (Northwestern, 1995).
- Author(s)Anthony J. Steinbock
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- Series TitleStudies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.