All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBernard Gert's classic work Morality, in which he argues his distinctive and comprehensive moral theory, is w in its sixth edition. Gert argues that morality is an informal system that does t provide answers to every moral question but does always limit the range of morally acceptable options and so explains why some moral questions cant be resolved. Gert describes the two-step procedure that is used in moral decisions and judgments, and he shows that moral rules cant be understood independently of the system in which they are embedded. Although his moral theory is sophisticated, it is presented with a clarity that will appeal to undergraduate and graduate students alike, as well as anyone with a general interest in applied ethics. In this new edition, Gert perfects the consistency of his views by presenting his argument in greater detail; he also revises the text in light of a critical book and two symposia dedicated to his theory that have surfaced since the book's last publication. This is the definitive edition to the work that has received so much attention and acclaim.
- Author BiographyBernard Gert is Stone Professor of Intellectual and Moral Philosophy at Dartmouth College and Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry at Dartmouth Medical School.
- Author(s)Bernard Gert
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.