Morality Truly Christian, Truly African: Foundational, Methodological, and Theological Considerations by Paulinus Ikechukwu Odozor C.S.Sp. (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the largely Eurocentric nature of moral theology in the history of the Roman Catholic Church, what will it take to invest the theological community in the history and moral challenges of the Church in order parts of the world, especially Africa? What is to be gained for the whole Church when this happens in a deep and lasting way? In this timely and important study, Paulinus Ikechukwu Odozor brings greater theological clarity to the issue of the relationship between Christianity and African tradition in the area of ethical foundations. He also provides a constructive example of what fundamental moral theology done from an African and Christian (especially Catholic) moral theological point of view could look like.
Following a brief history of the development of African Christian theology, Odozor examines responses of African theologians to African tradition and Christian responses to the reality of n-Christian religions. In a context where the African religious experience and heritage are powerful sources of meaning and identity, Christian evangelisation raises questions both about the African primal religions and about Christianity itself and its claims. Odozor takes up the subject of moral reasoning in an African Christian theological ethics and concludes with case studies that show how the African Church as tried to inculturate moral discourse on a religiously pluralistic continent and relate the healing gospel message to African situations. Students and scholars of moral theology and ethics and church leaders will profit from the issues raised in Morality Truly Christian, Truly African
- Author BiographyPaulinus Ikechukwu Odozor, C.S.Sp, is associate professor of moral theology, the theology of world church, and Africana studies at the University of Notre Dame. He is the author of Moral Theology in an Age of Renewal: A Study of the Catholic Tradition since Vatican II and of Richard McCormick and the Renewal of Moral Theology, and editor of Sexuality, Marriage, and Family, all published by the University of Notre Dame Press.
- Author(s)Paulinus Ikechukwu Odozor C.S.Sp.
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.