All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHigh-end Dining from the Pro Server's Perspective Working in the restaurant industry for almost two decades gave Markus Roberts more than eugh material to produce a practical and honest, yet humorous guide created to improve the higher end of the industry for both consumers and employees alike. His passion to excel in ballroom dancing, with plans for opening his own studio in the future, led him to move to NYC and spend six years acquiring some of the best training the country had to offer. While in training, he used his many years of experience as a server to acquire positions in fine dining locations, taking advantage of the industry's flexible scheduling and high earning potential. He soon became equally as passionate towards trying to improve the high end restaurant industry, for he believed most of the problems that occur between consumers and employees stem simply from a lack of communication and misunderstandings. During his last two years as a professional server he created More Bread, Please, his attempt at bringing everyone to the same page so to speak. Markus has recently retired completely from his career as a waiter, and w enjoys a successful career as a ballroom dance instructor. More Bread, Please is a brutally honest, yet hilarious look into the high end restaurant industry. After spending nearly two decades of his life in a restaurant of some sort, Markus Roberts has pretty much seen it all. He used his real experiences and kwhow of the industry to create a book that attempts to improve the industry by bringing consumers and employees together towards a better mutual understanding, and also to provide a source for better communication. Though his book was designed primarily as a guide to help ensure consumers enjoy fantastic dining experiences, he also provides useful information and insight for those interested in a career in fine dining. Included is a behind-the-scenes look into the business of wine, a reference of restaurant jargon, a section on Restaurant Week, a taste of health inspections, and much more.
- Author(s)Markus Roberts
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.