All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYanick Kemayou investigates how the socioecomic background of organizational leaders can explain their management-relevant attitudes. The study provides theory development and first empirical tests of the impact of leaders' socioecomic background on their risk propensity, sense of control and justice perceptions. The model integrates sociological and social psychological research on class dynamics and attitudes. Yanick Kemayou uses cross-sectional data from the German Socioecomic Panel to test the model. The empirical analyses provide robust support for the theoretical ideas. Results show, for instance, that reproduced leaders with a lower social distance toward broader classes exhibit more favorable justice perceptions toward groups such as unskilled workers than distant reproduced leaders. The bottom line for organizations is that leaders are likely to assess situations and persons differently because of their own socioecomic background.
- Author BiographyDr. Yanick Kemayou researches and lectures at the Department of Management of the University of Paderborn. He is also a visiting lecturer at the Chair for International Personnel Economics of the University of Vienna and was visiting scholar at the Department of Strategy and Business Policy of HEC Paris.
- Author(s)Yanick Kemayou
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight308 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.