All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis compilation of medical and forensic science questions from crime writers around the world provides insight into medical and forensic science as well as a glimpse into the writer's creative mind. How do hallucigenic drugs affect a blind person? Will snake vem injected into fruit cause death? How would you perform CPR in a helicopter? What happens when someone swallows razor blades? How long does it take blood to dry? Can DNA be obtained from a half-eaten bagel? D P Lyle, MD, answers these and many more intriguing questions. The book is a useful and entertaining resource for writers and screenwriters, helping them find the information they need to frame a situation and write a convincing description. TV viewers, readers who enjoy crime fiction, and those who want to kw more about forensic science can keep up with the news and understand the science behind criminal investigation. From traumatic injuries to the coroner's office, the questions and answers are divided into five parts, making it a compendium of the incredible information that lies within the world of medicine and forensics.
- Author BiographyD. P. Lyle, MD, is the Macavity Award-winning and Edgar(R) Award-nominated author of the nonfiction books Forensics for Dummies, Forensics and Fiction, Howdunit Forensics, and Murder and Mayhem, as well as the thrillers Devil's Playground, Double Blind, Royal Pains: First, Do No Harm, and Stress Fracture. His essay on Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island appears in Thrillers: One Hundred Must-Reads. He practices cardiology, teaches online forensic science classes in the master of arts in criminal justice program at DeSales University, and has worked with the writers of such popular television shows as Cold Case, CSI: Miami, The Glades, House, and Law & Order. He lives in Lake Forest, California.
- Author(s)D. P. Lyle
- PublisherMedallion Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationWauconda, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMedallion Press
- Weight572 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.