More If You've Got it: Five Plays from Theater Oobleck by Jeffrey Dorchen, Danny Thompson, David Isaacson, Dave Buchen, Mickle Maher (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore If You've Got It brings together five full-length plays from Chicago's acclaimed Theater Oobleck. This collection features works by five founding members, each currently active with the company: Ugly's First World by Jeff Dorchen, in which a singing zombie, seeking revenge against T. S. Eliot, becomes a pawn in a battle to overthrow God; Incence and Other Vices by Dave Buchen, a half-true, half-blasphemous screwball comedy about the mildly unhealthy relationship between charity and capitalism; Letter Purloined by David Isaacson, a whodunit comedy about war atrocities and a handkerchief; There Is a Happiness That Morning Is by Mickle Maher, a play in rhymed verse, about the poetry of William Blake and having sex in public; and Necessity by Danny Thompson, a bloody and historically inaccurate bio-drama of Thomas Alva Edison. See what audiences around the world have come to kw as uniquely Oobleckian: irreverent, vexed, impossibly funny, and unexpectedly transcendent.
- Author BiographyDave Buchen is a San Juan, Puerto Rico-based playwright and graphic artist. He is currently developing Baudelaire in a Box -- an adaptation of Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal as cantastoria. Jeffrey Dorchen is an L.A.-based screenwriter and a regular contributor to the This is Hell radio program. His most recent play for Theater Oobleck is Strauss at Midnight. David Isaacson is a Chicago-based playwright. His most recent play for Theater Oobleck is Casanova Takes a Bath. Mickle Maher is founding member of Theater Oobleck and has worked as an actor, director, and playwright in Chicago since 1987. He teaches at Columbia College and the University of Chicago. Danny Thompson is a Worcester, MA-based writer and video artist. He currently tours with the Theater Oobleck production of The Hysterical Alphabet. Greg Kotis is the Tony-award winning author of Urinetown! The Musical and Yeast Nation. He lives in Brooklyn, NY. Terri Kapsalis is the author of The Hysterical Alphabet and Public Privates: Performing Gynecology from Both Ends of the Speculum. She is a founding member of Theater Oobleck.
- Author(s)Danny Thompson,Dave Buchen,David Isaacson,Jeffrey Dorchen,Mickle Maher
- PublisherHope & Nonthings
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHope & Nonthings
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byTerri Kapsalis
- Foreword byGreg Kotis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.