All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy did Winston Churchill ask to be lowered in a bucket to smoke a cigar in the sewers of London? How did the sale of human teeth become such a booming industry? Why is the name George so important to a certain London members' club?As with many old cities, a wealth of bizarre and astonishing tales make up the history of London: subjects ranging from its churches and streets to the incredible behaviour of monarchs and mavericks.In this follow-up to his bestselling London's Strangest Tales, Tom Quinn delves even deeper into the city's endlessly beguiling past, and once more uncovers the quirkiest tales that characterise one of the world's greatest capitals.From the king who enjoyed cross-dressing to the schoolboys who play football with a real pancake, the prestigious department store that once sold cocaine over the counter and the reason Napoleon's se is built into the structure of Admiralty Arch, More London's Strangest Tales is an incredible collection of all things mindboggling and, quite simply, mad about our fair city.
- Author BiographyTom Quinn is the author of London's Strangest Tales, Cocoa at Midnight: The Real Life Story of My Time as a Housekeeper, The Cook's Tale: Life Below Stairs as it Really Was and, most recently, Backstairs Billy: The Life of William Tallon, the Queen Mother's Most Devoted Servant.
- Author(s)Tom Quinn
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleLondon's Strangest Tales
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Out-of-print date14/11/2015
- Content NoteBlack and white cartoons
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.