All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fearsome Chupacabra stalks the desert valley, while a grandson wanders far from the ranch. The woman who s just moved to the neighborhood wears strange sunglasses after dark. What could be behind them? A man picks up a hitchhiker only to discover that his passenger is t human. Kids of all ages will find chills and thrills in these tales of the weird, the macabre, and the mysterious, all collected from the lore and legends of the Lone Star State. In addition to Skinwalker, the authors most requested school concert story, this new volume adds spine-tingling twists on the account of La Llorona, the weeping woman, said to be the world s best-kwn ghost; the classic tale The Money s Paw; the story of The Screaming Banshee Cattle of the Night Swamp, and seven others. Told with humor and lively modern-day detail, these renderings by veteran storytellers t only please and entertain but preserve a wealth of folklore from a culturally diverse region of the country.
- Author BiographyTim Tingle and Doc Moore travel throughout the United States and Mexico collecting and telling stories for all ages and perform for children and young adults at countless schools and libraries.A native of New Jersey now living near Albany, N.Y., Jeanne A. Benas is a graduate of Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Doc Moore,Doc Tingle,Tim Tingle
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width155 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeanne A Benas
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.