All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMore than Petticoats: Remarkable Vermont Women celebrates the women who shaped the Green Mountain State. Short, illuminating biographies and archival photographs and paintings tell the stories of women from across the state who served as teachers, writers, entrepreneurs, and artists.
- Author BiographyDeborah Pickman Clifford has lived in Vermont since 1966. A graduate of Radcliffe College, she has published three biographies of nineteenth-century American women: Julia Ward Howe, Lydia Maria Child, and the Vermont historian, Abby Maria Hemenway. Back in the 1980s she served as the first woman president of both the Vermont Historical Society and the Henry Sheldon Museum in Middlebury. She has also written and lectured widely on the history of Vermont women. Most recently, she and her husband, Nicholas, are the joint authors of The Troubled Roar of the Waters: Vermont in Flood and Recovery, 1927-1931, published by the University Press of New England in 2007. Residents of New Haven, a small town near Middlebury, the Cliffords have four daughters and six grandchildren.
- Author(s)Deborah Pickman Clifford
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/02/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleMore Than Petticoats Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight12 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.