All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Ink Spots is a rags-to-riches story beloved in American mythology. Goldberg gets behind the glitter of the Ink Spots and the publicity machines of record labels, and provides the story of the group's creation, its music, and its monumental impact on the course of American music. A fascinating story filled with excellently researched information and exciting anecdotes; Goldberg's text brings out the 'authentic' story of the Ink Spots, from their origins in the early 1930s through the tumultuous recording world of 1940s and 1950s America.
- Author BiographyMarv Goldberg is a music historian who writes a monthly column in DISCoveries magazine, and has written the liner notes for two dozen record albums. A frequent guest on area oldies radio shows, he also hosts a weekly show of his own.
- Author(s)Marv Goldberg
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/10/1998
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note69 b&w photographs, 13 illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width145 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.