More Than a Game: When Sport and History Collide by Jan Stradling (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bernie3799
- Est. delivery by 9 Mar
- AU $22.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSporting matches are battles. To the fan they are simply battles waged between sportsmen and women, but the battle is sometimes part of something much bigger. A war that may involve t only the players on the field but their race, faith or political beliefs. More Than a Game recounts the unforgettable moments of triumph or defeat of some of our most amazing athletes, and how they wittingly or unwittingly forged themselves a place in the history books to become key players in the struggle for social change. This book explores these dramatic, emotional sporting events that have captured the hearts of nations, and reveals why they were much more than just a game.
- Author BiographyOriginally from Wales, Jan Stradling spent seven years in Hong Kong as a teacher and TV presenter before settling in Australia. She has written for TV for more than 20 years, six years of which were spent as head of production for the Disney Channel, Australia and New Zealand. She is currently a freelance producer and writer, and is author of Murdoch Books' Bad Girls & Wicked Women.
- Author(s)Jan Stradling
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Content Note50 photographs
- Width192 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.