All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a blueprint for becoming a champion, both on and off the field When Dayton Moore arrived in Kansas City in 2006, the Royals hardly resembled a contender. The general manager inherited a major league club that had just one winning season in the previous decade. Moore, a Kansas native who grew up as a Royals fan, implemented a plan to return the franchise to its glory years. Though t without a few bumps in the road, that plan came to fruition in 2014 as the Royals swept through the American League playoffs to take the pennant and returned the World Series to Kansas City. In More Than a Season, Moore shares how his faith and leadership principles guided his rebooting of the Royals. The general manager describes how he built one of baseball s best farm systems and international scouting departments of out thing. He shares insight on how he persevered through six consecutive losing seasons and the critical response to controversial trades of Zack Greinke and Wil Myers transactions that ultimately yielded the foundation of a champion. Full of never-before-told stories from inside the Royals organization More Than a Season features a foreword by star outfielder Alex Gordon and an introduction by William F. High, CEO of the National Christian Foundation Heartland.
- Author BiographyMatt Fulks is a freelance writer and editor and a regular contributor to various publications, including the Kansas City Star and Royals Baseball Insider magazine, the official publication of the Kansas City Royals. In recent years, he has also written for CBS Sportsline, the Denver Post, and USA Today Sports Weekly. He is the author or coauthor of 15 books, including projects with Royals legends Denny Matthews, Frank White, and Fred White. He lives in Overland Park, Kansas. Dayton Moore is the general manager of the 2014 American League champion Kansas City Royals. Since taking over in 2006, Moore has rebuilt the Royals organization into one of baseball s best. He lives in Leawood, Kansas. Alex Gordon is the left fielder for the Kansas City Royals. Originally drafted in 2005, Gordon was a key contributor on the Royals' 2014 American League championship team. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri. William F. High is founder of iDonate.com and CEO of the National Christian Foundation Heartland, an organization with the goal to simplify giving and multiply impact. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Author(s)Dayton Moore
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.