All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith their strong emphasis on traditional family values, education, discipline, and service, Mormons sound and look more Christian than many believers. At first glance, there seems to be little to criticize in what they say or do. But peel back the facade, and you find a cult with its roots in immorality and heresy. The story of the Mormon Church is one of in-fighting, racism, polygamy, and violence. Often, even the members of the group don't kw the full truth about either the history or the teachings of this fast-growing church. Why this series? This is an age when countless groups and movements, old and new, mark the religious landscape in our culture, leaving many people confused or uncertain in their search for spiritual truth and meaning. Because few people have the time or opportunity to research these movements fully, these books provide essential information and insights for their spiritual journeys. Each book has five sections: a concise introduction to the group; an overview of the group's theology-in its own words; tips for witnessing effectively to members of the group; a bibliography with sources for further study; and a comparison chart that shows the essential differences between biblical Christianity and the group. The writers of these volumes are well qualified to present clear and reliable information and help us discern religious truth from falsehood.
- Author BiographyAlan W. Gomes (PhD, Fuller Theological Seminary) is associate professor of historical theology and chairman of the department of theology at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. Kurt Van Gordon, formerly a pastor in Utah, is the director of Jude 3 Missions and the Utah Gospel Mission, founded as a mission to cults in 1898.
- PrizesRunner-up for Christian Book Award 1999.
- Author(s)Alan W. Gomes,Kurt Van Gorden
- Date of Publication22/04/1995
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleZondervan Guide to Cults & Religious Movements S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.