All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA hilarious mologue about fatherhood by a unique comic voiceIn Morning, Noon and Night that master of the confessional, Spalding Gray, tells the event-filled, emotionally charged, and outrageously funny story of one day of his life in October 1997, after the birth of his son Theo. Horrified by the prospect of having ather son, considering what he and his two brothers did to their father, and ambivalent about the idea of living in a small, quaint town on eastern Long Island that seems an odd detour for a man destined for California, Gray comes to feel, of course, a profound affinity for his baby boy, born with the looks of a wet, blue beaver. But this is t merely a father's account of an infant son; it's the story of his new life with his girlfriend Kathie; his regally precocious eleven-year-old stepdaughter, Marissa ( Please don't let me die a virgin! ); and his older son, Forrest, who stymies Gray time and again with his metaphysical inquisitiveness- Daddy, what's behind the stars? How do flies celebrate? A richly comic work about parenthood, about adults who don't grow up and children who do, Morning, Noon and Night stands as Gray's most mature work to date.
- Author BiographyWriter, actor, and performer, Spalding Gray is the author of It's a Slippery Slope (Noonday, 1997), Swimming to Cambodia, and Monster in a Box, among other works. He has appeared on PBS and HBO, and in numerous films, including Roland Joffe's The Killing Fields, David Byrne's True Stories, and, most recently, Steven Soderbergh's Gray's Anatomy. He lives with his family in Sag Harbor, New York.
- Author(s)Spalding Gray
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication30/09/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width143 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.