All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Water is Safer than the Land As Gaddafi clings to power in Libya, Farid and his mother Jamila chance their luck on the hazardous crossing to Sicily. But as they hunker down in a trafficker's battered old boat, the vastness of the Mediterranean begins to dawn. Meanwhile, in Sicily, Vito wanders the desolate beaches recalling his mother's stories of her idyllic childhood in Libya. She has never forgotten - r forgiven - the forces that tore her from her childhood love, a young Arab boy whose fate was very different from her own. Moving back and forth between the continents, this deeply moving portrait focuses on two families and one stretch of water, and in terse, lyrical language, captures perfectly the dark, uncertain quality of our times.
- Author BiographyMargaret Mazzantini was born in Dublin and lives in Rome with her husband and four children. She has written seven novels, all international bestsellers, which have won numerous awards and been translated into over 30 languages.
- Author(s)Margaret Mazzantini
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.