All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe raw experience of mortality, met through the illness and death of a close friend, the tensions of history, and the texture of family life, distinguishes Joyce Perseroff's third book of poems. She writes about women pierced by sickness, abandonment, and lost incence -- war survivor and mill worker, immigrant's daughter and wry lover. With scrupulous precision, Mortal Education maps a cherished and perishing world.
- Author BiographyJOYCE PESEROFF grew up in New York City and currently lives in Massachusetts. Her other books include A Dog in the Lifeboat, Robert Bly: When Sleepers Awake, and The Ploughshares Poetry Reader. She is the recipient of a Pushcart Prize, as well as grants from the Massachusetts Artists Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts. She has taught in the MFA program at Emerson College and was recently Visiting Professor and Poet-in-Residence at the University of Massachusetts, Boston.
- Author(s)Joyce Perseroff
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleCarnegie Mellon Poetry (Paperback)
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.