All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Pierre Vernant has profoundly transformed our perceptions of ancient Greece. Published in 1991, this collection of nineteen essays probes deeply into themes of enduring interest--death, the body, the soul, the individual, and relations between mortals and immortals; the mask, the mirror, the image, and the imagination; the self and the other, and, more broadly, the concept of otherness itself, or alterity.
- PrizesRunner-up for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 1991.
- Author(s)Jean-Pierre Vernant
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleMythos: The Princeton-Bollingen Series in World Mythology
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFroma I. Zeitlin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.