All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback! In this first reference book devoted entirely to mortuary science, Szabo presents a thorough bibliographical examination of the funeral industry and related subjects, including even the most specialized area in the field. Most citations are antated, with special tes on editions and reprints. Areas covered include autopsy, cremation, burial rites and ceremonies, caskets and vaults, cemeteries, embalming, epitaphs, ethnic customs, funeral dress and apparel, funeral music, funeral reform, grave markers, laws and regulations, liturgies and sermons, memorial societies, organ and body donation, premature burial, pre-need service, restorative art, and several others. The text is organized by subject, with author and title indexes. Five appendixes feature addresses for associations and organizations, information on schools of mortuary science, accreditation procedures and standards of the American Board of Funeral Service Education, periodicals in the field, and a list of state funeral service examining boards. Will be useful to students, librarians, and researchers as well as funeral service personnel.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Szabo ( M.I.L.S., University of Michigan) is Director, Robinson Public Library District, Robinson, IL. Formerly Head Librarian, University of Michigan's Residential College, he has studied the literature of mortuary science for several years.
- Author(s)John F. Szabo
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight276 g
- Width137 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.