All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been more than 25 years since Moses Aloetta became one of the 'Lonely Londoners' in the vel of that name. Now - though an avowed Anglophile - he hankers for Trinidad, for sunshine, Carnival, and rum punch. With characteristic irony and delicacy of touch, Sam Selvon tells the story of Moses' re-encounter with his native land. This edition of the vel includes a new introduction to Selvon's life and work by Susheila Nasta, as well as a preface by 'Moses' that was written in 1992 for the first US edition of the work. This edition of Moses Migrating includes a new introduction to Selvon's life and work by Susheila Nasta, as well as a preface by 'Moses' that was written in 1992 for the first US edition of the work.
- Author BiographySam Selvon (1923-1994) was one of the most popular, prolific, and internationally distinguished of Caribbean writers. A native of Trinidad, he is best known for his vivid evocation of East Indians living in the Caribbean and Europe. Susheila Nasta is professor of modern literature at the Open University (UK) and editor of the journal Wasafiri.
- Author(s)Samuel Selvon
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Introduction bySusheila Nasta
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.