All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoses in the Sinai rewrites the books of Exodus and Numbers by way of The Arabian Nights, Nikos Kazantzakis, and Cecil B. DeMille. It makes generous use of myth and history, ancient and contemporary. The Hebrews of the vel are a varied mob of outlaws, magicians, sorcerers, aristocrats, and idolators, all content with being slaves. Moses must lead them into the Sinai against their will in the hope of serving a God whose very identity he doubts. The Hebrews of this historical and imaginative vel inhabit a world where children are born in cooking pots, meat rains from the sky, fish talk, and prophecies come true. It is a world where human emotion can take miraculous forms. This book is full of such miracles.
- Author BiographySimone Zelitch was born and raised in Philadelphia. She received her MFA from the University of Michigan. In the early 1990's she was on the first Peace Corps contingent to Hungary. She has traveled extensively in England, Central Europe, and Israel to research her novels. She teaches creative writing at college level in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Simone Zelitch
- PublisherBlack Heron Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Heron Press
- Weight552 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.66Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.60
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $20.11Trending at AU $22.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.