All listings for this product
About this product
- Descriptionby Bob Levin In May 1989, Dwaine Tinsley stood at the summit of an unlikely career. As cartoon editor for Larry Flynt's torious Hustler magazine, he had assembled a staff of pen-and-White-Out-wielding Lenny Bruces whose unprecendentedly offensive socio-sexual cartoons had spearheaded that publication's fight against the forces of censorship and repression that sought to overthrow the political and cultural gains of the 1960s. His primary personal contribution was Chester the Molester, a hulking middle-aged man who craved pre-pubescent girls. And then Tinsley's teenaged daughter accused him of sexually violating her over the course of five years. Most Outrageous is the story of the trial of Flynt's most torious protege. Bob Levin's writings have established him as the most thought-provoking chronicler of cartoonists today. While focusing upon the work and lives of the most off-beat creators in the field in order to champion the pursuit of individual vision, he has explored issues common to artists of every medium. Most Outrageous carries his search into new, unsettling ground.
- Author(s)Bob Levin
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.