All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull Length, Drama w/music / 18m, 5f, extras /Int./5 Exts. This German play was written in 1939 and was first produced in Zurich in 1941. In America, it was published in English right away (1941, by New Directions) but did t reach Broadway till 1963 - in a memorable production directed by Jerome Robbins and starring Anne Bancroft. It had, of course, by that time been produced to much acclaim all over the world. When Bertolt Brecht directed the play in Munich (1950), Eric Bentley, Assistant Director, at his bidding started to translate the play into English. He was eventually to make several different English versions of it. The most interesting of these is published here. It was a collaboration with the eminent French composer Darius Milhaud. Together they made this remarkable contribution to musical theatre.
- Author(s)Deceased Bertolt Brecht,Professor Eric Bentley
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.