Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionFull Length, Drama w/music / 18m, 5f, extras /Int./5 Exts. This German play was written in 1939 and was first produced in Zurich in 1941. In America, it was published in English right away (1941, by New Directions) but did t reach Broadway till 1963 - in a memorable production directed by Jerome Robbins and starring Anne Bancroft. It had, of course, by that time been produced to much acclaim all over the world. When Bertolt Brecht directed the play in Munich (1950), Eric Bentley, Assistant Director, at his bidding started to translate the play into English. He was eventually to make several different English versions of it. The most interesting of these is published here. It was a collaboration with the eminent French composer Darius Milhaud. Together they made this remarkable contribution to musical theatre.
- Author(s)Deceased Bertolt Brecht,Professor Eric Bentley
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.