All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in the English language, this important book explores the subject of mother-of-pearl (MOP) production and art in depth, and includes over 5,000 photographs of MOP artifacts. The project was undertaken with the express purpose of recording as much information on the historic use of mother-of-pearl, before this information is lost for good. Classifications by use, age, origin, and size make this an indispensable reference for collectors, historians, and tradespeople alike. Mother-of-pearl has been part of humanity's aesthetics for thousands of years, but it was only in the 19th century that artisans reached their height of creativity, producing amazing decorative utilitarian items, presentation pieces, and artwork. This lumius, beautiful, natural material captured the imagination of the public and enjoyed great popularity throughout the 19th century.
- Author BiographyMichael and Dawn Meyer of Australia have collected, thoroughly researched, and documented mother of pearl antiques and collectibles. Patricia Martin, who lives in the USA, is a professional writer. She also owns Home Farm Antiques with her husband Robert.
- Author(s)Dawn Meyer,Michael Meyer,Patricia Martin
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note5063 color photos
- Weight2475 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.