All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn Motherhouse, Kathleen Jesme takes the reader on a journey with a young vice through the heart of Mystery. Jesme's poems, which investigate religious life in a convent in the 1960s, are assembled from many fragments: juxtapositions of place and time (childhood and vitiate), shifting scale (the minuteness of an old beige comb from home, the boundlessness of a three-axled God ), and varying poetic forms. Jesme explores the hidden, the provisional, the silent - that which does t obey the rules of the light or submit to its boundaries. An intensely lyrical work, Motherhouse is a cloth woven from disparate voices and structures, expressing both the deep divisions of the self and the longing for a whole that may be ultimately shaped.
- Author BiographyKathleen Jesme is the author of the poetry collection Fire Eater. Her work has appeared in many fine journals, including Shenandoah, Prairie Schooner, and Laurel Review. She lives on five acres of wood and fields near St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Kathleen Jesme
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.